Table Of Contents:
Instagram has been a popular social media site and is very addicting. You can delete your Instagram account or deactivate it if you wish to change your Instagram habits.
There is a difference between these two options: Delete your Instagram account permanently and activate it temporarily so you can get your account back later.
Note: You can delete or deactivate an Instagram account using a web browser on your computer or your smartphone. It is not possible to delete or deactivate your Instagram account through the app. Here are some ways you can do both.
How to permanently delete your Instagram account?
- Go to Instagram on a mobile browser or desktop computer. Log in using your username/password.
- Log in to your account and go to the account deletion page.
- Select the reason you want to delete your account from the drop-down menu located at the top.
- After you have chosen the reason for deletion, you will be asked to enter your password again. After that, click the blue button “Delete Account Name”
Instagram states that it will take one month for all your data to be completely erased. Your account will remain hidden from the public for the time being.
How to temporarily deactivate an Instagram account?
You can temporarily disable your Instagram account if you don’t want to restore it later.
- Log into Instagram on the internet and navigate to your profile page. Click “Edit profile” at the top.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page and select “Temporarily Disable my Account.”
- Choose a reason why you want to disable your account and then re-enter the password.
- Click “Temporarily Disable Account.”
Tip: After you have deleted or deactivated Instagram, you will need to delete the app from your phone.
Log in to the Instagram app using your username and password to reactivate your account.
Leave a Reply