Instagram is one of the fastest-growing networks. With over 1 billion worldwide users and more than 500 million daily active users, it is difficult to stand out. This social media platform offers many opportunities to its users to gain recognition and to grow their business.
To grow on Instagram, you need to have enough followers. You can either grow your followers organically or you can use the advertising option. Besides that, you can buy followers for Instagram too.
Here, we are going to tell you everything you need to know about Instagram ads.
Why Use Instagram Ads?
Instagram introduced the advertising option back in 2015. Since then, the number of advertisers on this network has increased up to 500,000.
How Instagram ads can help you:
Over 200 million users visit at least one business profile daily. That one business profile can be yours. Ads allow you to directly target your audience in the right manner according to their locations, demographics, and interests. This will result in audience growth and you will be able to attract the attention of many Instagrammers.
Procedure For Buying Instagram Ads
There are three ways to buy and run Instagram ads.
- Facebook ads manager: This method will help especially those who don’t have an account on Instagram. You can run ads on Instagram by using your Facebook page. This method may be a little bit comprehensive. For a step by step guide, visit the Facebook business help center.
- Within the Instagram app: Running ads within the Instagram app is very easy. For that, you need to have a business account. Select a post you want to promote and then choose your audience and budget. Instagram help center will give you a complete guide on how to create ads from Instagram.
- Instagram partners: Instagram recently introduced a partner program. From managing ads to engaging and creating content, Instagram partners can help you with everything. Learn more about Instagram partners here.
Choose Your Audience & Budget
Advertising on Instagram is very influential and also effective. Moreover, it allows you to target the audience specifically.
Your ad will reach your target audience based on these factors:
- Location: You can select your country, city, or region or you can also target international users. As a result, your ad will be shown to people in those locations.
- Demographics: You can target users according to their education, ethnicity, home-ownership, income, and other details.
- Interests: You can select your audience depending on the type of content you post and target people that might be interested in your content.
- Age: You can target your audience in accordance with their age.
- Gender: You can choose a specific gender to attract the attention of only men or women. You can also target all genders.
- Language: You can select your audience depending on the language they speak or you can also leave this blank.
Wow! Isn’t it amazing?!
Instagram Ads Category
There are two ways of advertising on Instagram that are further divided into six formats.
1. ADS ON INSTAGRAM FEED
You can create and run ads on Instagram feed in four different ways.
- Photo ads: Reach new people by creating ads with a single image. If you know how to capture appealing pictures then your single image ad can do wonders.
- Video ads: Tell your story by creating video ads. High-quality video ads will help you draw the attention of many people.
- Carousel ads: Carousel ads allow you to add more than one picture or video in a single ad. People can swipe and view different types of images or videos.
- Slideshow: You can put up to 10 pictures in a loop with sound through slideshow ads. You can also add short videos or GIFs.
2. ADS ON INSTAGRAM STORIES
In 2017, Instagram introduced ads in stories with a full-screen and vertical format. When more than 500 million accounts use Instagram stories, running ads on stories can benefit your business.
- Photo ads: Add one or more images in your story ad and reach higher audiences.
- Video ads: Instagram stories also allow you to run video ads.