Rising in popularity for their myriad of exciting and fun activities, fancy dress parties for girls are an ideal choice for those looking for a fun alternative to the standard party theme fare. There are some great fancy dress ideas which you can explore while planning this party such as princess or fairy themes. These parties can incorporate a day full of attention-grabbing interest for either a small or large group while observing an overall cost-effective budget. Invitations should be of high decoration with a princess or fairy theme. They should include details about the activities to be provided for the event and whether or not dresses will be provided by the hosts or direct that guests should bring their own. Just remember to get a themed cake for the party. You can avail the dessert from cake delivery in Mumbai for premium quality themed cakes.
Planning the party
- For a successful fancy dress party, consider either princess or fairy options for a fun theme. Fairy options should include more ethereal choices such as forest, ocean, air or mystical accessories. Fairy attire preferences would consist of articles for making wings, glittered adornments, light and airy fabrics and embellishments with a sense of magical flair.
- Princess attire would include options for crowns and veils using light fabrics and glittered adornments. To create more guest involvement and interest in the party itself, invite the children to complete their fancy dresses for the day.
- Provide boxes labelled with choices to include air, ocean, forest or mystical craft accessories and embellishments.
- For a fairy theme, in particular, make certain each choice has the option for wings and headdress, such as crowns or tiaras, and that each is varied in colour and style enough to create a sense of individual choice among the guests.
- Fairy themed wigs and wands, in bright colours, can be made as well. Provide each child’s box with enough yarn to create their wig using a plain headband found at most craft stores. Provide glue or tape to fasten the yarn securely. For added fun, include colourful clips and glittered accessories that can be used as decorations.
- Wands can be made using wooden dowels and attached to party favour bags handed to each guest upon arrival. Inside the party favour bags, include a wand “topper”. Fairy wand toppers can consist of anything fun and usable. Colourful erasers formed in familiar and popular fairy characters or animal-shaped cutouts found at craft stores can be used and given to the child to decorate as she chooses.
- Princess options can be based on popular and familiar princess characters or left to choose each guest based on a more general theme.
- Themes could include colours or shapes. These themes would include craft boxes for each guest based on fun and bright colours or interesting shapes.
- Accessories such as beads, glitter embellishments, and decorative fabric with matching trim pieces should be included in each box according to the particular colour or shape was chosen.
- Ensure standard princess headdresses such as crowns, tiaras, and veils are supplied and match each suggested theme. Children can create their style for each dress ensemble and use supplied craft articles for wands and other accessories related to princess-style attire.
- A princess-themed craft activity could include making fun and exciting princess crowns. Supply each child with a sturdy crown cut out found at most craft stores. Provide each party box with beads, plastic jewels; glitter and fancy fabric trim pieces to be applied using glue or tape.
Whether choosing a fancy dress party with a fairy or princess theme, your guests will be sure to enjoy fun activities, just right for a day of enchantment.